With a very long heavy needle we lashed the fabric covering to the top edge of the willow basket using heavy linen thread.The fabric was pulled as tight as possible as we went around the basket.




The lawn was covered in strange white baskets as we got ready for the next step.




This was by far the messiest, gooiest, stickiest part of the entire process. The roofing tar that we used to waterproof the fabric was painted on with big brushes which were thrown out afterwards. Tar was everywhere.




The coracles were balanced on end so the tar could dry quickly and so we could get underneath the little boats and see where we missed painting the tar. The sun sparkled through all these tiny holes like stars.